Friday, March 28, 2014

MIA Post

Carol here, back after falling down the winter's rabbit hole.

I've been working on a few new things but mostly resting up, reading and drinking hot tea (and coffee).

One of the things that I do in the warmer weather is to rust fabric and different fibers so that I have plenty to play with in the cooler months.
I've been playing around with creating collages out of bits and pieces of rusted and naturally dyed fabric.
I do a compulsive amount of hand stitching on them in the evening when my husband and I sit together. I have to have something in my hands or I go crazy.

I thought I would share a photo of one of the most beautiful pieces of rust fabric I have ever had the pleasure of unrolling in my rust bin.
The photo really does not do it justice.

It looks like a sunset, doesn't it?
I don't think I can bear to cut this piece up.
So it will stay on my design wall for now.

I'll close with a couple of close-ups of a new collage I am stitching on.
I'm almost ready to call it quits on this one.










I still haven't decided what to do with it when I do finish the hand stitching.
I'll try to remember to do a follow up post.


3 comments:

BERYL TAYLOR said...

Lovely pieces Carol,there's something special about hand stitching !

Carol Sloan said...

I agree Beryl. It just adds so much personality and grace to a piece.

Gloria said...

Oh ... I love all the texture and hand stitching!