Thursday, August 22, 2013

Butterfly play

All summer long I've been focused on taking butterfly pictures.  I've done some other outdoor work -- birds and flowers -- but it's mainly butterflies.  While I enjoy simply printing as is, I often use them as springboards to other play.  In this case, I used the above photo as a base for the digital paintings below. 




The above is made by taking the photo, duplicating it, adding various effects to it like noise, and then playing around.  While nothing has yet turned into fiber work, I have lots of ideas.  I had hoped to put up some work based on another photo I took of a statute.  Maybe next month ... stay tuned!
P.S. I apologize for the obnoxious copyright info, but too many times my images have ended up on the websites of others.  I certainly don't mind sharing, but I do at least want credit.  :)

2 comments:

Eleanor Levie said...

Love this, as I have enjoyed all your recent butterfly images. The bright colors makes this one a real contender for that quilt art. Only wish the right edge of the wings wasn't tight along the right edge of the image...

Gloria Hansen said...

Eleanor, thanks!

I have another image that is almost identical, except it includes the entire butterfly. :)