Like some of my fellow 8 that Create artists I have been experimenting quite a bit this summer.
Is it the blazing summer sun that has us all asking 'hmmmm...what if I...'?
I don't have a ton of fascinating photos to share with you. I forgot to take one yesterday when the UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) exploded everywhere! But exploration is such a great topic that I thought it deserved some blog time even if I don't have dozens of inspiring photos...or any.
Being the Mad Scientist in the studio has a few drawbacks.
- It isn't visibly productive. At the end of the day yesterday I had a pile of what most people would chuck in the trash and embossing enamel everywhere. That stuff is like glitter in it's propensity to find it's way into ever nook and cranny.
- At least once in the middle of the scientific process you will find yourself saying...this is the stupidest idea I ever had...maybe more than once. Maybe more like 394 times!
- You will feel uncomfortable.
- You will feel annoyed
- You will feel like chucking things
- You will feel disappointment
- And the big elephant in the room...you will feel frustrated!
- You WILL start talking to yourself. Hence the Mad Scientist label
You may uncover a new way of looking at your work
or a new process that captivates your soul.
You may discover a very cool technique.
Even if all your experiments fail you will discover what doesn't work and one night at 3am a couple months from now you will get an out of the blue bolt of lightening inspiration that sends you running back to the laboratory excited to ask again...what if I...